- Focus on process improvement.
- Oversee a team of 7 staff.
- Growth opportunity (suit band7 looking for management).
Forward thinking planning coordinator required for a permanent appointment with a major regional council. This role will oversee a statutory planning team of seven well performing team members, whilst encompassing the standard technical allocation/review of work; the primary focus of the role will be around continuous improvement and identifying ways to improve processes and people in order to provide a 1st class statutory planning system for the local community.
Your role will include:
- Working closely with the Regulatory Services Manager, you will identify opportunities for improvement and work in an inclusive manner with your fellow team members to consistently challenge the norm and create an environment of continuous improvement.
- Acting as the main conduit between the statutory planning department and councillors/community and fostering a positive, mutually respectful relationship between the two.
- Maintaining oversight of the departments output, including allocation of work and resources and being involved in major application pre-applications.
Candidates will need to be qualified town planners (although as the focus of this role is on people and process as opposed to technical expertise, non-Victorian candidates would be considered for this role). This opportunity is considered a growth opportunity so previous management experience isn’t considered essential, (although people without management experience should possess the personal traits required to manage staff as well as being able to demonstrate enthusiasm for process improvement by being able to point to examples of where they were part of a team involved in improving service delivery).
For more information please call Leo Liemesak at Planned Resources on (03) 8398 0854 or email firstname.lastname@example.org