Senior Occupational Hygienist
- State Government role
- Provision of critical information on high-risk sites
- $125-145K + super
Are you looking to join a team fully committed to protecting the health and wellbeing of communities and the environment from the harmful effects of pollution and waste? If so, this position is for you.
This Institution is high quality and flexible organisation that offers a range of employment conditions and entitlements. The company is committed to effectively regulating the environment, applying a philosophy of prevention and improvement to drive positive future environmental change, providing community, industry, and government with a trusted voice on environmental protection and environmental public environmental health.
We are looking for a Senior Occupational Hygienist who can provide Critical health and safety advice, guidance and support for recovery work at high-risk sites related to working in hazardous environments associated with chemical & hazardous waste and site clean-up & remediation activities to manage the OHS compliance and risks on high risk and hazardous sites.
This exciting role will give you the chance to lead the safety of the teams responding to emergencies and high-risk sites and drive high standards and performance in the areas and participate in safety incident investigations and contribute to responses to WorkSafe queries.
- Relevant Tertiary/qualification in Occupational Hygiene.
- Demonstrated experience in prevention, harm reduction and application of the law.
- Current membership or eligibility for membership with the Australian Institute of Occupational Hygiene (AIOH).
- Ability to take charge and lead projects.
- An applied understanding of the health and safety risks and regulatory requirements associated with chemical & hazardous waste and site clean-up & remediation activities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact effectively with stakeholders.
If this opportunity sounds like you, then please send a resume to email@example.com or call on (03) 9069 6530