Manage Council property including leases and licences, right of way and road discontinuances, encroachment, acquisition and disposition
A part time opportunity (3 days a week) is available for a Senior Property Officer in a temporary capacity. This role is within a local government organisation in the north east suburbs. Your role will involve:
- Working with the Coordinator to strategically manage Council’s property portfolio.
- Assist in the development, implementation and regular review of the annual work program
- Developing, improving and operating Council’s property related processes in an effective and consultative manner.
- Instruct, supervise and provide effective direction to consultants undertaking work on behalf of Council.
- Administer all legislation, regulation and guidelines, including leases, licenses and agreements, right of way and road discontinuances, acquisition and disposition, encroachment among others.
- Under the supervision of the Coordinator, monitor the standard and performance of Council’s property holdings and investments
To be successful you will:
- Hold a tertiary qualification in Property Management or extensive property management experience in a Local Government and/or relevant property related field.
- Have a working knowledge of relevant legislation and the ability to read, interpret and carry out those requirements relative to property management.
- A sound understanding of the social, political and legal framework in which local government operates.
- A current Victorian Drivers Licence and be able to complete a Police Check
For more information on this role please contact Tom on 0449 938 399 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion on this or other roles in local government
Send CV / Register
Due to a change in the team, a regional council has a need for an experienced Local Laws/Animal Management Officer....