- Leadership role | Stakeholder management
- Inner western suburbs | Local Government
- Guide the development of Council owned and managed open space and the delivery of annual asset preservation and improvement programs
An opportunity is available in a temporary capacity for Coordinator Open Space within a local government located in the inner west. There is capacity to work remotely. In this role you will;
- Coordinate the provision and development of open space within the municipality through the formulation, review and application of key policies and strategies.
- Guide the development of Council owned and managed open space, the delivery of annual asset preservation and improvement programs and the provision of advice, guidance and direction to the Open Space team.
- Lead the strategic and capital works projects produced by the design team.
- Assist in the delivery of projects to budget and to agreed timeframes.
- Undertake the resourcing, scheduling, reporting and tracking of projects, coordinate all internal and external consultation requirements, prepare Council reports and undertake procurement for consultancy services.
To be successful you will;
- Hold a tertiary qualification in planning, landscape architecture or project management and substantial experience in the strategic provision, development and management of public open space, including the development and implementation of Master Plans, Capital Works Programs and Asset Management Plans.
- Significant experience in the coordination and management of complex projects of varying scales with exceptional outcomes as well as knowledge of best practise contracting, tendering and procurement practises
- Finance experience with the ability to manage timeframes and budgets and report effectively.
- Experience in either land use planning or urban design would be beneficial but not essential.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully negotiating with a variety of stakeholders and manage complex community consultation events.
- High level written and verbal communications, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence and ability to obtain a National Crime Check
For a confidential discussion regarding this and any other opportunities within Local Government, please contact Tom on 0449 938 399 or email email@example.com
Send CV / Register
Due to a change in the team, a regional council has a need for an experienced Local Laws/Animal Management Officer....