An Environmental Health Officer is required within a local government organisation located in Werribee. This is a temporary opportunity that could extend for the right candidate. The pay rate for this role is $40p/hr + superannuation. The day to day will involve;
- Identification and control of environmental health risks through investigation and inspection of premises and overseeing construction, maintenance and operation of premises (food, industrial or other), by sampling, control and enforcement procedures.
- Educative/advisory role in respect of all aspects affecting environmental health
- Research and preparation of written communication/reports
- Policing and enforcement of legislative requirements of various relevant acts
- Initiation, preparation, management and operation of specific Department programs as required.
To be successful you will have;
- Degree of Applied Science (Environmental Health) or equivalent qualification as approved by the Australian Institute of Environmental Health and relevant associated Legislation.
- Experience related to the delivery of Environmental Health Services within Local Government.
- High level of communication skills (both verbal and written) including problem solving and staff training ability.
- Demonstrated experience to work flexibly and adapt to regular change within a professional dynamic team environment and individually to meet key performance goals, service goals and organizational objectives.
- Well-developed computer skills with experience in specific Environmental Health Services software.
- Ability to complete a National Crime Check and hold a Victorian Drivers License
For a confidential discussion regarding this and any other opportunities within Local Government, please contact Tom on 0449 938 399 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Send CV / Register
Due to a change in the team, a regional council has a need for an experienced Local Laws/Animal Management Officer....