A local government organisation is seeking an experienced Senior Property Officer in a temporary capacity, with strong possibility of becoming a permanent position. This role will be entirely remote for the time being, but may involve working in the office occasionally in future.
Your day to day in this role will involve:
- Working with the Coordinator to strategically manage Council’s property portfolio.
- Assist in the development, implementation and regular review of the annual work program
- Developing, improving and operating Council’s property related processes in an effective and consultative manner.
- Instruct, supervise and provide effective direction to consultants undertaking work on behalf of Council.
- Administer all legislation, regulation and guidelines, including leases, licenses and agreements, right of way and road discontinuances, acquisition and disposition, encroachment among others.
- Under the supervision of the Coordinator, monitor the standard and performance of Council’s property holdings and investments
To be successful you will:
- Hold a tertiary qualification in Property Management or extensive property management experience in a Local Government and/or relevant property related field.
- Have a working knowledge of relevant legislation and the ability to read, interpret and carry out those requirements relative to property management.
- A sound understanding of the social, political and legal framework in which local government operates.
- A current Victorian Drivers Licence and be able to complete a Police Check
For more information on this role please contact Tom on 0449 938 399 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion on this or other roles in local government