Frankston City Council is situated on the eastern shore of Port Phillip Bay where the beach meets with the natural landscapes of the Mornington Peninsula. They are a diverse community that are going through major transformation with their Future ready Frankston program. This is an overhaul of their use of systems, interaction and transparency with their local community and most importantly; how development in the area is being looked at with a community focused lens; particularly around major activity centres and mid-rise developments. They have listened to what their community wants and needs from their council and they want to do better.
About the role:
Frankston City Council are seeking a Major Development Coordinator in this newly created role to lead and project manage major projects in the city.
As the city is going through transformation and gentrification processes, urban development is becoming a key factor in bringing this city to back to life and in turn the appeal of living in a metro area with the beach on your doorstep.
This is a great role for a Principal Planner to step up to be a project lead without the people leadership responsibilities.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- To ensure that Council achieves quality planning outcomes for major planning applications and developments.
- Project manage major planning proposals, including proposals in their developmental phase, planning permit applications, post-planning permit and contribute to planning scheme amendments relating to significant proposals, specifically focussing on efficient delivery and coordination of all associated work.
- Assess, provide recommendations and prepare reports on major planning applications and related planning matters, for both private land and Council owned land within specified timeframes.
This is a role made for someone with a passion and drive to assist in the development and delivery of community focussed, progressive projects. You will be able to work autonomously and be a driven self-starter as you will be the main point of contact for internal / external stakeholders.
Through good planning and stakeholder engagement, you will be contributing to councils’ initiatives of long-term objectives of developing a prioritisation service
You will need to have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Urban Planning or related discipline.
- Proven project management skills, including highly developed skills in planning and managing workloads to meet statutory timeframes and achieve quality outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in dealing successfully with developers and other parties in the processing of major, complex and politically complex proposals.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills including verbal and written communications, liaison and facilitation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Victorian planning system and related statutory controls/legislation with demonstrated knowledge of statutory planning principles.
- A current Victorian Driver Licence.
Benefits for working for council:
- Flexible working hours
- Rostered Day Off
- Access to professional and career development opportunities
- Purchased leave
- Paid Parental leave
This is a permanent Band 8 full time position which attracts an annual salary of $116,111.13 to $130,003.13 + super.
Please apply via SEEK and attach your CV in Word format. For more information, and for a copy of the Position Description, please contact:
Leo Liemesak – 0450 911 172 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Rebecca Slaviero – 0451 118 717 – email@example.com
*Applications close Friday 17th December 2021
Send CV / Register
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced VIC Planner who is looking to get exposure to strategic planning...