Regional based council are seeking a Building Surveyor (BS-L) to work on Bushfire Rebuild. This role will be the first port of call for building compliance related matters for bushfire affected residents. In addition, the role will support the MBS to fulfil Council’s statutory obligations in the effective administration and enforcement of the Building Act, Regulations, and relevant local laws.
Specifically you will:
- Provide expert advice on Building Act and Building Regulation related matters to residents and stakeholders to support the rebuilding process in a timely manner,
- Provide education and monitor compliance with building safety standards,
- Provide building related input into Council’s approval of temporary accommodation requests,
- Assist the Municipal Building Surveyor with the delivery of Council’s statutory obligations,
- Review and prepare recommendations for the Municipal Building Surveyor’s determination on Report and Consent applications received by Council,
- Provide informed advice to the community regarding building control matters,
- Investigate and resolve disputes resulting from the inspection of or complaints about building works.
You must be registered with the VBA as a Limited Building Surveyor (those close to Registration will also be considered), you will have a proven understanding of rural building issues, a solid track record of providing high level and accurate advice to key stakeholders and the community.
To Apply: Please contact Kirsten Ellis on 0416 238 020 quoting reference # 874 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Not the right job for you? Connect with me on LinkedIn to stay in touch about future opportunities: Kirsten Ellis | LinkedIn