Our client is one of the largest, and leading Development organisations in Australia. They have a range of committed projects across multi-residential, commercial buildings and shopping centre projects already committed, with their acquisitions team very active and a multi-year pipeline of projects a certainty.
They currently seek an experienced Design Manager to join their team on a permanent basis and play a leading role on a large mixed use development site.
The role offered will be diverse. Reporting to the Development Director, you will be joining this project at the absolute beginning. You will lead the design stage from brief formation, through engagement of design consultants, management of documentation packages, and from time to time pick up a pen yourself to resolve a design issue as required. You will also be involved in the acquisition process for new sites, and from time to time will be asked to contribute a quick design feasibility to assist in that process.
To Be Successful:
The successful candidate will:
- Possess tertiary qualifications in Architecture and possess a minimum of 10 years experience as an Architect;
- Have demonstrated experience already as a Design Manager in either a development or building environment;
- Have significant experience in medium density and multi-unit residential, and ideally some experience in large mixed-use projects;
- Be very familiar with the Victorian Planning Legislation;
- Enjoy staying up to date with design trends worldwide;
- Possess excellent communication skills required of leader; and
- Understand where commercial outcomes and design outcomes are priority.
Please call Leigh Monro on 0451 674 977 or apply via the links.
Not the right job for you?
Connect with me via Linkedin to stay in touch about future opportunities:
Your gender, gods, sex life, skin colour, or bigshot white uncle don’t make a difference here. If you’re smart and good at what you do, come as you are.