Civil Maintenance Programs Officer is needed for one of the local government client to assist with the delivery of Council’s recurrent maintenance programs and monitor the quality and OHS compliance of Council’s civil contractors.
This is a temporary role from August to December – located in the western suburbs of Melbourne.
- Support the Civil Operations Coordinator and Road Operations Administrator in the delivery of Council’s annual recurrent maintenance programs, which include crack sealing, line marking, minor surface treatment, bus shelters and footpath replacement
- Support the Civil Operations Coordinator in the delivery of Council’s Minor Capital Works projects
- Support the Road Operations Administrator in the delivery of traffic management for various Council festivals
- Implement contract management and administration functions relevant to the delivery of these programs and projects
- Supervise contractors as required, implement existing Council policies and procedures in the efficient delivery of Council’s annual recurrent maintenance programs
- Provide budgetary control and submit monthly reports on the progress and financial status of Council’s annual recurrent maintenance programs
- Ensure all appropriate actions are taken to implement occupational health and safety and all other relevant policies, procedures and legislative requirement
- Provide best possible customer service to both internal and external stakeholders
Key Selection Criteria:-
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering with some experience in civil infrastructure construction and maintenance or extensive and demonstrable technical expertise and experience in all aspects of civil infrastructure construction and maintenance.
- Extensive experience in project and contract management, negotiation and dispute resolution.
- A current Victorian driver’s license.
- Well-developed knowledge and working application of a range of relevant IT software packages such as MS Project, MS Office, GIS and document control packages.
- Experience with the construction and maintenance of various civil infrastructure assets, including road, streetscape and drainage infrastructure.
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Problem-solving with relevant stakeholders will involve the application of a variety of techniques across a range of often complex issues related to project delivery.
- In the absence of guidance and/or advice not being readily available within Council, the ability to research external to the organisation is required.
- Excellent written skills as they relate to the generation of letters, memos and Council reports.
- Demonstrated ability to be assertive and remain composed and be courteous, positive and professional in dealings with clients and providers at all levels.
- Have an absolute commitment to great customer service.
- Proven experience in understanding of financial reporting and cost control requirements for project and contract management.
- Proven ability to prepare and write financial, administrative, contractual and other reports and procedures.