Developments and Drainage Engineer is needed for a Local Government Council in North Eastern Suburbs in Melbourne. This is a 2months contract role.
This position is to assess the Engineering component of residential and commercial developments and subdivisions to ensure that development proposals conform Council’s requirements. As well as to investigate and take action on issues relating to Councils drainage network with regard to design, functionality and capacity.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Ensure the provision of professional drainage and civil engineering development information and advice to the general community, developers, Councillors, other Council Departments and the Developments and Drainage Team Leader in an efficient, timely and professional manner.
- Provide sound and specialist engineering direction, guidance and advice in relation to the review and approval of development proposals, subdivisions and development plans as required to ensure compliance with legislation, planning permits, Council policies, practices, standards and specifications, including dealing with Developers, Consultants and Service Authorities.
- Carry out the investigation and resolution of drainage and drainage related issues raised by the general community, Council, other internal Departments and external authorities, including investigation, consultation, assessment of options and development and implementation of solutions.
- Provide a high level of customer service and community consultation in relation to engineering drainage matters, including preparation of timely and accurate correspondence/reports and attendance at meetings.
Key Selection Criteria
- Degree in Civil Engineering or an equivalent Engineering qualification recognised by the Institution of Engineers, Australia.
- Experience in Local Government Engineering with a focus on municipal drainage and development engineering.
- Experience in assessing the Engineering component of residential and commercial developments and subdivisions
- Experience in undertaking a range of engineering stormwater drainage assessments for developments and subdivisions as required to ensure compliance with Council’s requirements. Assessments include but are not limited to Legal Point of Discharge, Building over easement, flood level applications, planning referrals, and Drainage Plan.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to communicate complex issues to a broad range of stakeholders.