Project Engineer is needed for one of the Local Government Council. This is a 3 months contract with an ASAP start and based in a north eastern suburbs of Melbourne.
This position is to effectively and economically plan, implement/supervise building and civil projects to ensure compliance with the contract, Council requirements, industry standards and legislative requirements.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Liaise internally and externally with all stakeholders in the identification of project scope including time, cost and quality restrictions.
- Plan and implement projects from inception to handover including the undertaking of all related procurement activities.
- Prepare specifications of work for minor projects.
- Supervise contractors and administer allocated building construction and Civil projects within budgets and timelines in accordance with Capital Works Program objectives.
- Assess SWMS’s submitted by contractors prior to commencement of works. Periodically check SWMS’s to ensure compliance.
- Assess, check and monitor Inspection and Test Plans (ITP’s) for works.
- Check, verify and approve Contractor’s payments including issuing of payment certificates.
- Organise and conduct meetings with contractors, consultants, and stakeholder to evaluate jobs, costs and progress of works.
Key Selection Criteria
- Degree or Diploma in Building and/ or Civil Engineering with experience in construction supervision of building and civil projects or lesser formal qualifications with substantial relevant building construction experience.
- Experience in the construction of complex building projects.
- Knowledge and understanding of Occupational Health and Safety and Risk Management in relation to assets and infrastructure.
- Community consultation and stakeholder management skills.
For more information please call Jeenita on 03 8398 0854 or email email@example.com