- Would suit somebody with limited civil experience, looking to develop.
- Very easily accessible by road, rail and tram.
- Maintain a work-life balance.
Civil Engineer needed for a Technical Officer role. Located in the northern suburbs of Melbourne, this is an amazing opportunity to develop your Civil experience.
Some of your responsibilities are to provide assistance with engineering related enquiries, undertake inspections, assessments and administration of Council’s vehicle crossing, road opening, road occupancy, road closure, work zone, and street party permit system. In addition, to preliminary assess submitted traffic management plans in accordance with relevant Australian Standards and assess various civil works undertaken by contractors, service authorities, government agencies, residents and community. To also liaise with service authorities regarding service installations and provision of advice and assistance to residents and developers for general enquiries regarding future development, provide support and assistance to Technical Services Department in provision of high quality work and relevant tasks.
Key Selection Criteria
- Diploma in Engineering or other relevant technical field and some relevant experience, or lesser formal qualifications with substantial experience.
- Experience in providing high quality technical administrative support and customer service in an engineering or technical environment.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and specifications essential.
- Skills in managing time, setting priorities, planning and organising one’s own work to complete assigned tasks, in accordance with specified guidelines.
- Good level written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to write good standard reports and letters.
- Good level of analytical and investigative skills.
- Ability to provide professional advice to clients (including residents, businesses, traders, contractors, Council departments, VicRoads & other authorities) regarding administration of permits.
- Ability to efficiently achieve objectives and desired outcomes within set timeframes.
- Experience in Pathways, TRIM, Word, Excel, e-mail systems, GIS software and environments and database applications.