Regional council delivering a range of services to our community, from building and maintaining infrastructure, to early childhood health and education services. Located just over two hours from Melbourne, offering an ideal balance of rural living with the convenience of a regional city.
Currently seeking to add a Building Inspector to the team on a permanent basis. This role will be working within the Building Services team, to effectively carry out inspections in accordance with the relevant legislation, on residential, commercial, and swimming pool projects.
Key responsibilities include:
- Effectively administer Council’s statutory obligations relevant to building inspections.
- Assist building services team to ensure the service is operated in accordance with all relevant Building Acts, Codes & Regulations.
- Provide other building inspection services as required.
- Inspect and assess Report and Consent applications.
- Provide effective, high quality and comprehensive advice to all customers regarding building matters.
- Undertake essential services inspections in relation to the maintenance provisions.
- Prepare reports and other written documentation as required.
- Prepare and issue notices and orders for signing by the MBS.
- Contribute to legal proceedings against illegal and/or nonconforming building works.
- Assist the MBS to monitor legislative compliance and provide advice as to appropriate enforcement procedures.
- Exercise the powers and duties that are delegated by Council and CEO.
- Facilitate public participation and community awareness of building services.
Candidates with a high level of knowledge of relevant building legislation with the ability to read and understand construction and related documentation will be at the top of the list. As will those possessing effective, clear, and concise written and interpersonal skills including sound customer service skills. You must hold Limited or Unlimited Registration with the VBA, as well as a current driver’s license.