Join a local government organisation in the south east in this temporary Animal Management Officer position. Initially a 3 month role, this role will focus on animal collections, cat cage distribution and park patrols.
In the day to day you will
- Enforce the Domestic Animal Act, attending to the collection of animals and investigating animals wandering at large. Impound wandering stock.
- Investigate animal related complaints – such as dog attacks, barking dog investigations, off leash patrols, livestock
- Proactively investigate non-compliance with the Domestic Animals Act 1994
- Maintain Council’s Animal Registration and promote responsible pet ownership
- Accurately update and record investigations in council’s Customer Request Management System
To be successful you will have
- Certificate IV in Local Government Statutory Compliance (or similar) with 5+ years demonstrated experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of the Domestic Animals Act, Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act, Environmental Protection Act, Local Government Act and Council’s Local Laws.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, including the ability to prepare letters, reports and memoranda
- Quality customer service and presentation skills that support a positive image of the organisation during difficult situations and an environment of conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to represent Council at the Magistrates Court or other jurisdiction as required.
- Current Victoria drivers licence, and ability to maintain the license. Ability to attach, load and reverse a variety of trailers eg. horse float, stock crate is advantageous