- Regional New South Wales (NSW) Council
- 6-month Fixed Term Appointment
- Manage a great diverse portfolio
Seeking a new opportunity in leadership? Look no further.
This council is based in a beautiful part of regional NSW and are currently seeking to engage an Interim Manager of Growth and Development to lead their driven team.
The Manager will have a varied portfolio of areas within the team to manage as well as be the expert who assists on a day-to-day basis with enquiries for developments within the region.
As the Manager of Growth and Development in this local government organisation, you will play a pivotal role in shaping their future success. You will be responsible for driving positive growth outcomes, developing new opportunities, and fostering a culture of innovation and improvement. We are seeking a highly motivated and visionary individual who can lead and inspire a team to achieve councils ambitious goals.
- Actively promotes a positive image of the Council and fosters strong public relations.
- Coordinates the development, implementation, and evaluation of various policies, plans, and strategies
- Conducts thorough research and analysis of data and legislation pertaining to economic, legal, cultural, demographic, sociological, physical, and environmental factors influencing land use and development. Provides advice and support to external stakeholders, fellow managers, and elected officials.
- Assesses development applications submitted to the Council for approval, including the interpretation of building plans, standards, specifications, and codes.
- Provides supervision, development, and support to staff
- Develops budgets for the growth and development department in collaboration with the Director of Place and Growth.
- Prepare and submit reports on the activities of the Growth and Development Department as necessary for Council and Committee Meetings, Councillor Workshops, Management Executive Meetings, and relevant external agencies.
To be successful in the role you would have previous Management or Leadership with a solid understanding of the NSW Planning and Development Legislation and Environmental Acts. Council are open to discussions of hybrid / flexible working arrangements for the right candidate.