Associate Director – Statutory Planning (Brisbane)
- Urbis Employer of Choice for gender equality WGEA (2022-24)
- Enjoy a flexible and dynamic work environment.
- Be an integral part of the Brisbane planning team!
Who we are:
Urbis is people focussed, and we want the best for our team, our clients, and our communities. Our mission is about helping people create meaningful, sustainable cities & communities. We are a community of passionate problem solvers, sought out by clients for our fresh thinking and approach to their city-shaping projects. Here you will make a tangible difference and positive impact, while gaining incredible industry experience and broad ranging exposure to the most exciting work.
We pride ourselves in empowering our employees and supporting them to be the best they can be. You will have the benefits of salary continuance insurance, generous parental leave policy for both primary & secondary carers, work life balance, health & wellbeing programs and much more.
Urbis is an employer of choice for gender equality (EOCGE), recognised through the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA).
Urbis shaping Futures your way!
We are looking for an experienced and energetic Associate Director to join our Brisbane Planning team. You will have the opportunity to work alongside some of Queensland’s most well-recognised names in planning on some of the most significant and exciting development projects occurring in South-East Queensland.
Your role will involve scoping, preparing, lodging, and managing medium and large-scale development applications across a range of sectors. It will also involve preparing town planning advice and due diligence assessments.
The role will be supported by highly experienced Directors and a market leading national Planning team.
Your technical expertise, credibility and professionalism will be vital to providing expert statutory planning advice to clients, as well as building and maintaining relationships to contribute to the growth of QLD planning.
- Provide an expert range of services including advice relating to land use, development capability, due diligence assessments, master plans, the approval process and management
- Demonstrate an understanding of advanced statutory urban planning principles and methods
- Assisting with forecasting, project budgeting and financial management
- Proactively identify opportunities and collaborate across the broader firm on cross-disciplinary projects
- Maintain and build upon, existing and potential client relationships and professional networks, across a range of industry sectors
- Keeps abreast of market developments and industry trends affecting the business and devise strategies to respond
- 7+ years of relevant experience, ideally gained in a consultancy environment
- Tertiary qualifications in Urban Planning or a related discipline
- Proven ability to manage and develop team members
- Proven track record of identifying and winning new business
- A strong and confident communicator, with the ability to encourage cross-business collaboration.
Urbis is committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive, supports flexibility, and welcomes diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and an employer of choice for gender equality (EOCGE), recognised through the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA). As a member of our team, you will have the benefit of:
- Working in a truly flexible workplace, while maintaining strong client support and engagement.
- Active mentorship, development of career goals and support in achieving them.
- Investment in ongoing training with all employees provided with an annual training budget.
- Opportunities to partake in internal and external networking and social events across the State and Nationally.
- Working on city-shaping projects alongside the best in the industry, and across all sectors.
How to Apply?
Are you ready to start your journey with some of the brightest minds in the industry and you are passionate about making a difference to our clients, community, and team? Click on “Apply for this job.” Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.