Who we are:
Urbis is people focussed, and we want the best for our team, our clients, and our communities. We are a community of passionate problem solvers, sought out by clients for our fresh thinking and approach to their city-shaping projects. Our mission is to help create meaningful, sustainable cities & communities.
Urbis is an employer of choice for gender equality (EOCGE), recognised through the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA), and active participants in the Federal Career Revive Initiative.
We pride ourselves in empowering our employees and supporting them to be the best they can be. Here you will make a tangible difference and positive impact, while gaining incredible industry experience and broad ranging exposure to the most exciting work.
Urbis Shaping Futures, your way!
Due to the continued growth & success of the business, we are introducing a new service offering to our QLD team focusing on Transport Advisory. The expansion into a new service offering means we have an incredible opportunity for a passionate Associate Director who is eager to bring their expertise, leadership skills and innovative thinking to launch & continue to expand this new team. This position will play a key role within our already established & successful National Transport team.
We can offer you state of the art office spaces, an emphasis on positive workplace culture, a collaborative/ multidisciplinary team and the support of a top Director who is well known for his expertise in the industry.
- Provide assistance with the provision of a range of services including advice relating to transport planning for all modes, travel demand forecasting and impacts of transport systems, master plans, land use/transport interaction, transport strategy, walking and cycling planning and Public transport planning.
- Assist the team in the delivery of strategic transport advisory projects and other QLD initiatives.
- Work alongside other professionals on a range of multi-disciplinary projects.
- Keep abreast of market developments and industry trends affecting the business and devise strategies to respond.
- Nurture and develop individual staff members, through effective coaching and mentoring.
- 10-20 years’ experience as a transport professional, preferably with experience in Consultancy.
- Has tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering, Transport Planning, Traffic Engineering, Urban/Town Planning, preferably with transport as a major.
- Advanced appreciation and understanding transport planning for all modes.
- Proven track record of identifying and winning new business and proven track record of delivering for clients and business in Queensland.
- Strong leadership skills & the ability to assist with growing a team.
Urbis is committed to fostering an inclusive, flexible, and diverse work environment. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander individuals and those returning to work after a career break. By joining us you will receive many benefits including:
- Salary continuance insurance, a generous parental leave policy, health & wellbeing programs and much more.
- Active mentorship by the best in the business, development of career goals and support in achieving them.
- Investment in ongoing training with all employees provided with an annual training budget.
- Monthly morning teas and regular social events to celebrate professional and personal wins.
Across all our sectors, you will play a part in shaping cities and communities. Bring your spark, and shape futures your way.
How to Apply?
If you are an enthusiastic candidate, with the desire to become part of a driven and highly professional team, click on “Apply for this job.”
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.