Our client is an outer suburban local council, committed to creating vibrant and inclusive community spaces. With an emphasis on empowering and respecting its constituents, the council endeavors to sustainably manage its wide variety of civic spaces, including parks, laneways, community centres and so on.
Our client is currently seeking a talented individual to join their team as a Senior Landscape Architect. The role will be an initial 3 month contract, with opportunity to extend. If you have a strong background in landscape planning and a keen eye for design and compliance, this could be the perfect fit for you!
- As a Senior Landscape Architect, you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Reviewing landscape applications for compliance with design standards and local regulations.
- Providing expert advice and recommendations on landscape planning matters.
- Collaborating with internal teams and external stakeholders to ensure the successful implementation of
- Contributing your innovative ideas and design expertise to enhance the aesthetic appeal and functionality of public spaces within the Council’s jurisdiction.
- Participating in site inspections and assessments to assess landscape conditions and propose
- Keeping abreast of industry trends and best practices in landscape architecture to ensure continuous
improvement in the Council’s projects.
To excel in this role, you should possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Qualifications in Landscape Architecture or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Landscape Architect with a focus on landscape planning.
- Strong knowledge of landscape design principles and construction standards.
- Familiarity with local regulations and compliance requirements related to landscape architecture.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with stakeholders and team
- Proficient in relevant design software and tools.
- A proactive and solution-oriented mindset, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.