Administration Officer is needed for one of the Local Government Council in the Northern Suburbs of Melbourne. This is a 3 months contract role.
This position is to work as a member of the Building Services Administration Team, undertake administrative duties related to the issuance of Building Permits and administration of Council’s powers and responsibilities under relevant Legislation. As well as to provide high level customer service at the service counter and over the phone to applicants for Building Permits and the community with regard to Building Legislation
Key Responsibilities Areas
- Provide advice and support to external customer
- Fulfil councils legislative role in accordance with the relevant sections of the Building Act
- Supporting other team members – Building Surveyors & Inspectors
- Fulfil statutory obligations
- Team support
- Assist in software changes and enhancements
Key Selection Criteria
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in a customer service role, preferably in a local government environment.
- Proven capacity to provide high level customer service both at a counter and over the telephone.
- Capacity to efficiently and effectively undertake administration activities in a busy office environment.
- Skills in Windows based Computer systems including Word and Excel, and the use of corporate database systems, including effective keyboard skills.
- Evidence of an ability to work methodically, neatly and meet work priority deadlines.
- Business Administration qualification is preferred.
- Building industry experience is preferred.