- Friendly Office Culture.
- Multiples Roles Available Now.
- Challenging and Interesting Roles.
Environmental Health Officers are required to work in team environment to ensure that Council’s Public Health interests and obligations are met. This could include the management of immunisation program, and investigations in to infectious disease outbreaks, food safety, etc. You will need to ensure quality standards are maintained in line with Councils service agreements.
• Identification and control of environmental health risks.
• Active involvement in the development of proposals and plans to identify potential environmental risks and compliance with Regulations.
• Inspection of premises for any environmental health risks.
• Investigate any disease outbreak.
• Working with food outlets and industrial premises to ensure compliance and safety.
• Perform joint inspection duties with other authorities, e.g. EPA, WorkCover, VMA, VDIA.
• Educative/advisory role in respect of all aspects affecting environmental health.
Key Selection Criteria
• Bachelor of Applied Science (Environmental Health) or Bachelor of Health Sciences (Public and Environmental Health) or equivalent.
• Ability to interpret and apply legislation in the conduct of duties.
• Demonstrated understanding of the context in which Environmental Health Services are delivered at a local government level.
• Strong negotiation and report writing skills.
• Hold a current Australian Driver Licence.
For more information please call Jeenita on 03 8398 0854 or email email@example.com