GIS Support Officer is needed to create and edit maps as requested by Council staff, and assist in maintaining Council’s spatial property dataset. As well as to provide quality services in relation to the operation, maintenance and development of Council’s Geographical Information System (GIS).
This role is for one of our local government client located in the north west suburbs of Melbourne.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Maintain and improve the quality of Council’s spatial property dataset (M1 & M2 process).
- Produce maps, data extracts and reports.
- Maintain spatial layers on the GIS and perform data manipulation, analysis, reporting and quality control of the data stored on the GIS.
- Comply with GIS quality processes.
- Support the Information Services department to achieve its goals and objectives.
- Respond to Help Desk enquiries and provide support for Council’s GIS related systems and tools.
- Participate in organisational task teams as required (GIS and other).
- Responsibilities and duties included in this position.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Completed or undertaking an appropriate tertiary qualification related to GIS, Cartography, Spatial information or related field and/or relevant work experience.
- Experience in the use of GIS software and skills in databases and SQL is desirable.
- Understanding of Council’s spatial property maintenance processes, in particular M1 & M2 processes.
- Well-development oral, written, communication, and presentation skills.
- Good negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Understanding of the Council’s responsibilities, goals and objectives
Only candidates with the rights to work and live in Australia should apply.