Make a difference! Experienced Local Laws Officer needed for one of the council in the Eastern Suburbs in Melbourne. This role is to start immediately.
- No two days are the same in the varied local laws role
- Immediate Start
- Eastern Suburbs Local Government Council
As part of a tight knit Local Laws team you will investigate customer requests/reports across a range of areas including animal management, noise and vegetation. Carrying out inspections in relation to Local Laws matters, you will compose letters, draft notices, issue infringements where relevant and prepare cases to go to court.
To be successful, you will need to have the following:
- Experience in investigations, in particular taking comprehensive statements, conducting well planned and professional interviews and preparing high quality briefs of evidence.
- Prefer Cert IV in Animal Control & Regulation or Investigations and experience in Animal Management.
- Confident in dealing with animals, in particular cats and dogs and shows awareness to personal safety and animal welfare.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and oral, including the ability to relate to personnel both within the organisation and outside of Council.
- Demonstrate commitment to a team philosophy and willingness to participate in continuous improvement of work practices.
- Demonstrate experience in an investigative role, specifically including the collection of evidence, taking statements, conducting interviews, and preparing briefs of evidence for presentation in the Magistrate’s Court.