A large state agency has undergone a large piece of transition work to reform their work practices. Off the back of this project there is a subsequent piece of work to help align their IT systems to their new practices. Your role will be to act as the central coordination point for the planning/approvals team, acting as a conduit to the IT transformation team in interpreting business processes into IT requirements.
You will be required to:
- Map out the current business processes and interactions within the Planning/Approvals team with the IT system and identify opportunities to streamline the system.
- Identify touchpoints with external stakeholders in the approvals process to ensure conformity and seek improvement.
- Identify IT requirements required to support business practices.
- Review current use of GIS and report on how these could be used to support the planning team. Including identifying GIS data that may be beneficial for the wider external community.
The ideal candidate is likely to:
- Be planning qualified or come from a local/state government administration role where they had daily interaction with the town planning teams in order to understand the planning approvals process.
- Be highly IT Savvy in order to effectively translate information to the IT teams.
- Have effective communication skills that will allow them to interview as well as disseminate information to both internal team members, cross-organisational teams and external stakeholders
- Be able to break complex processes down to simple interactions.
- Work Autonomously to deliver a complex piece of work to deadlines.
Offering an attractive hourly rate, centrally based, this role is likely to run for around 6 months at an hourly rate of $60+super. For more information please call Russell Locke at Planned Resources on (03) 8398 0854 or email Russell.email@example.com