Salary: $120,692 – $161,511
Opportunity to play a significant part in protecting and supporting agricultural land around Melbourne and improving planning controls for the Green Wedges. You will form part of a specialised team in state government, liaising with local councils and other significant stakeholders in the development of the planning response and planning changes for these important assets.
The Planning Manager will be directly responsible for the delivery of the overall project and management of a newly established team of 4. Acting as the conduit between the senior leadership group and your team you will have a strategic mind-set that will allow you to pre-empt potential road-blocks, manage resources, resolve potential issues and inspire your team to innovate and find creative solutions.
To Be Successful in the role you will:
- Have proven leadership skills, including demonstrated capacity to provide: strategic management advice, direction and information in a complex environment and set strategic direction.
- Maximise effectiveness by selecting, developing, managing and motivating a high performing team;
- Understands the impact of external events and changing stakeholder needs on the organisation and government and can develop and use strategic relationships to predict and prepare for potential impacts of events on the organisation.
- Develops long-term, complex and multi-phased plans to influence others; Implements complex strategies to build buy-in and support from key internal and external clients or stakeholders
- Have relevant qualification in Planning, Environment, Social Sciences, Economics, Architecture or Landscape Design.
We are building an inclusive workplace to help realise the potential of our employees, embrace our differences, and apply our diverse thinking to innovation and delivering services to Victorian communities. All jobs can be worked flexibly and we encourage job applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, young people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
This is a fixed term position available up until 30 June 2021.
To be considered for this position, your application should include a supporting statement demonstrating that you meet the key selection criteria and any job requirements specified in the position description.
For more information, please contact Leo Liemesak on (03) 9069 6530 or email email@example.com
Applications close at midnight Monday 30 September 2019.