This important national role is focused on driving contemporary planning practices across multiple offices for this growing consultancy. Your role will be to think of new ideas that will improve the service delivery of the planning team and incorporate these ideas into an everyday way of working through the development of protocols, rollout and training of the new processes and monitoring of their effectiveness.
The role will require you to:
- Look for consistency and developing minimum standards in terms of service delivery within the national planning team, whilst understanding that nuances of different planning systems may require minor adaptions rather than a “one size fits all approach”.
- Be pedantic in continuously striving for best practice through process improvement but understand that working within a commercial practice this needs to be done in a way that still allows for servicing client and project requirements.
- Understand that you are responsible for managing and improving process and not direct people management; and that while these are interlinked you will be able to work in conjunction with team leaders and manage change vicariously through them.
- Understand that the process/systems improvement is likely to take up around 40% of your role, so you’ll still enjoy and see the relevance in being “hands-on” in delivering projects where required.
An unusual role within consultancy, we are seeking a unique set of skills for this role:
- You’ll be an experienced planner.
- You’ll enjoy challenging the status quo with new ideas
- You’ll be able to break down big ideas into manageable, trackable process.
- You’ll be able to train new ideas and “sell” the changes to the team so that they are adopted.
You will have EQ to be able to work with a bunch of different managers and management styles, both within the teams as well as the broader senior management team.
- You’ll have an infectious passion that will help you to enthuse team members about the initiatives you implement.
The role is seen as an important piece in the company’s growth and is backed by senior management. It offers an attractive salary, great culture and is a rare opportunity to do something slightly different from the traditional career trajectory in consultancy.
For more information please call Russell Locke at Planned Resources on 0407 111 364 or email Russell.email@example.com