Inclusive, engaging and rewarding council seeking a Property Officer to join their team on a permanent basis. You will be supported by a strong team to facilitate your growth and development in your role.
- Effectively manage Council’s property portfolio to ensure maximum benefit to the community in accordance with relevant legislation, strategic objectives and policies.
- Implement maintain and improve Council’s property management system / property register and lease register to meet respective legislative requirements in association with the relevant Acts and Regulations.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures that ensure appropriate governance and financial management of Council’s lease and licensing activities and compliance with legislative obligations.
- Contribute to the Property Assessment Committee on matters relating to lease and licenses, the consideration of strategic or alternative use or redevelopment opportunities aligned to service needs and strategic priorities.
- Provide specialist leasing advice to the Property Coordination Unit, internal stakeholders, Executive Leadership Team and Council (including undertaking research, collecting data, carrying out site visits, report writing, background papers and creation/execution of legal documents).
- Interpret and apply contractual, policy and regulatory frameworks, reports and correspondence to provide specialist advice to a variety of internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Provide high level of support on all other property related matters to the Property Coordinator.
You must have:
- Understanding of and ability to interpret and apply legislation, regulations and codes of practice associated with the management of Council property including the Local Government Act, Land & Compensation Act, Crown Land Act, Subdivision Act, Transfer of Land Act, Planning and Environment Act and the Retail Leases Act
- Analytical, investigative, and problem-solving skills, with the ability to effectively and efficiently manage issues and determine resolutions to meet Council objectives
- Strong level of interpersonal skills for liaising and building effective relationships with all staff, members of the community, tenants, and contractors
- Highly developed written communication skills to prepare external correspondence and produce accurate and detailed reports related to leasing, properties, right of way sales and special projects
- Demonstrated ability to program, implement and deliver projects within an expected time frame and budget
- A tertiary qualification in a property management related discipline and substantial experience or a lesser formal qualification with extensive experience in a property management or a related discipline
This is a permanent position with a salary in the area of $100,000 + superannuation.
Our client fosters an environment where employees enjoy coming to work each day with opportunity for professional growth and development with successes celebrated and rewarded. In addition, work / life balance is important and therefore encouraged with many provisions available.
In line with the Chief Health Officers COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Direction, all persons engaged at council, regardless of their role, will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Successful candidates will be required to provide acceptable evidence of their vaccination status.
Please contact Kirsten Ellis on 0416 238 020 quoting reference number 973 or email email@example.com
Not the right job for you?
Connect with me on LinkedIn to stay in touch about future opportunities: Kirsten Ellis | LinkedIn
Your gender, gods, sex life, skin colour, or bigshot white uncle don’t make a difference here. If you’re smart and good at what you do, come as you are.