- Principal (Band 7) role in a peri-urban local council
- Diverse work – residential, commercial offices, retail and distillery
- Be a support to the Coordinator in day-to-day operations
Salary: $100K – $111K inclusive of super
This local council, situated about 1.5 hours from Melbourne CBD, sits in a growing corridor of Victoria. They welcomed a new CEO a couple of years ago and has since restructured itself and made a push for better, fresher culture and outlook for the organisation. They are close enough to the outer Melbourne suburbs, which means you can still live in metro area and drive against the traffic to work!
The Statutory Planning team has about 10 staff including admin team, and they are busy! The Principal Planner role will be responsible for:
- Managing a diversity of complex planning applications e.g. distillery, commercial offices, and multi-lot subdivisions
- Assist the Coordinator with day-to-day support and mentoring to Senior and Junior Planners
- Sign-off permit applications and VCAT representations where required
- Drive pre-application processes
The municipality sits within an economic growth zone and they work alongside the Priority Development team with a strong focus in PSP, and this means that there’s an opportunity for you to dabble into PSP if you’re interested to do so.
The role is ideal for a Principal Planner who’s seeking a tree change, more diversity and a better work/life balance, or perhaps an environment where they can truly mentor and guide junior planners. They offer flexible working arrangements and part time (4 days/week) may be negotiated with the right candidate. Alternatively, this role is also perfect for a Band 6 Senior Planner who’s looking for an opportunity to step up to a Principal level.
For more information, please contact Leo Liemesak at Planned Resources on (03) 8398 0854 or email firstname.lastname@example.org