Excellent opportunity for a Senior Building Surveyor to move from the private to public sector in a management capacity. This well supported role will improve your management skills and position you in an excellent situation for future MBS roles in council.
- The supervision and development of staff, covering both day-day management of operations as well as building capacity within the team.
- Improvement and development of systems to improve efficiencies of processes and to ensure alignment with any legislative or procedural reform.
- Providing high level technical advice to the team.
- Contributing to budget development and management.
- Acting in the MBS role where required
Candidates will need to be recognised by the VBA as an Unlimited (or close to) Building Surveyor. Their strong technical skills and understanding of the BCA guidelines will be meshed with a high level of emotional intelligence allowing them to manage staff, negotiate outcomes and liaise effectively with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
The role is ideal for an up and coming senior Building Surveyor who is looking to develop their career within the public sector. You will be supported by an experienced MBS in this early/(potentially 1st) step into management. This exposure to people and process management will set you up to be a future MBS.
Offering a salary package of circa $120K and a 19 day fortnight with a progressive council. For more information please call Russell Locke at Planned Resources on (03) 8398 0854 or email Russell.email@example.com